Main Menu>Curriculum Management>Schedule of Classes>Maintain Schedule of Classes
1. In the Maintain Schedule of Classes Search Criteria area, populate the Academic Institution, Term, and Subject Area fields.
2. Click Search.
3. When the system returns the search results, choose the appropriate class Catalog Nbr. The Maintain Schedule of Classes>>Basic Data tab opens.
4. Click the Meetings tab.
How to Schedule a Class That Changes Meeting Pattern Mid-Semester
1. Create the first meeting pattern by clicking the Meetings tab and then clicking the Pat Look Up button. The Look Up Pat dialog box appears.
2. From the Look Up Pat dialog box, select the days of the week comprising the pattern for the first portion of the semester.
3. Place the cursor in the Mtg Start field and type the hour the class should begin. When you press Tab or Enter, the system auto-populates the remainder of that field and the Mtg End field based on standard meeting times.
REMEMBER: To edit times, always edit the Mtg Start time first. If you edit the Mtg End time first, the system automatically adjusts the start time to align with a standard meeting time.
4. Click the Calendar Look Up button adjacent to either the Start or the End field to select a date range on which the first meeting pattern begins and ends.
5. Click the Topic ID Look Up button for a prefabricated topic from the course catalog. Alternately, type a unique one in the Free Format Topic field.
6. Select the Print Topic On Transcript check box if the topic should appear on the students' transcripts.
7. In the Instructors For Meeting Pattern area, you can assign an instructor to this pattern.
8. Click Save.
9. In the Meeting Pattern area, click the Plus(+) button. A new Meeting Pattern area appears.
10. In the Meeting Pattern title bar, click View All to see the first pattern while creating the second pattern.
11. Select the days of the week and start and end hours for the second pattern.
12. Click the Calendar Look Up button adjacent to either the Start or the End field to select a date range on which the second meeting pattern begins and ends.
13. Follow steps #1 - #7 above to finish creating the second pattern for the class.
14. Click Save.