As a college dean, a department chair, or a program director, you need certain tools at your disposal to be able to efficiently perform tasks related to student administration. This page provides links to resources that will help you smoothly navigate the Student Central modules most important to your administrative duties.
- For a synopsis of myFSU Student Central's academic structure, please refer to the Help Topic at Campus Solutions Academic Structure Overview. This brief introduction covers terminology, an explanation of the syntax used to abbreviate academic organizations, and scenarios that represent various student programs and plans under the new structure.
- A general Glossary is also available.
- Frequently asked questions are answered on the Faculty FAQ page.
- If you need to know what a particular student group abbreviation stands for, please consult the Help Topic at Student Groups.
An array of OBI dashboards has been created for monitoring class-related data. To access the dashboards: Log on by going to http://www.my.fsu.edu and signing in with your FSUID and password. Your portal page appears. At the left side of the page under the myFSU Links area, click the BI icon to access the following dashboards:
- the Textbook Adoption dashboard-monitors textbook adoption compliance.
- the Class Search and Utilization dashboard-provides the same reporting capability previously available in the Course Schedule Master.
- the Course Catalog dashboard-returns reports in which courses are grouped by the academic organization's name and code.
- the Class Scheduling and Enrollment dashboard-provides users with data about class sections for a chosen term.
- the Student Demographics dashboard-replicates the functionality of the Student Demographics.
To learn the basics of how to perform a query based on specific class-schedule data (such as class count by department or class enrollment data), visit the How-To topic Run Queries and Create Excel Reports. This topic also covers the basics of exporting your report to an Excel file.
If you require a report that returns data specific to reserve capacity requirement groups, visit the Query Against Reserve Capacity Requirement Group Plans topic.
- Find It Fast Guides are designed for anyone who needs to quickly find information in various Student Central modules. These visually-oriented documents provide annotated screen shots of the most frequently referenced user interfaces. To access PDF files of Find It Fast in Student Center and Find It Fast in Curriculum Management, please visit the Documentation>Find It Fast page.